The MCN Board elected new officers at its publicly announced annual meeting on March 24th. They are:
• President – Janet Forman
• Vice President – Denise Duff
• Secretary – Tom Marnane
• Treasurer – Larry Beans
In addition, the board re-elected for 3 more years two members whose terms had expired.
• Mike Bernhardt
• Larry Beans
The board acknowledged the resignation of George and Julie Fisher and expressed gratitude for their lifetime of contributions to Moraga, and more recently, their service on the MCN Board. To fill one of those seats, the Board elected for a 3 year term:
• Ben Olsen
The Board will fill the uncompleted term of Julie Fisher in the coming months.
In review of the year's accomplishments, these were noted:
• Members staffed a booth at both the Community Faire and Pear Festival and recruited about 80 new MCN members
• Book marks and business cards were designed and distributed to expand the reach of the Network
• A rotating banner was placed on the Moraga Chamber and Shop Moraga First websites
• The MCN Link was once again given the All Star Award by Constant Contact, The Link's email marketing system
• Net growth of the MCN Link data base of the past year was 100 new addresses; currently 1292. 36 issues of the Link were sent out between March of 2013 – 14.
• The Treasurer reported on the expenses of the past year, noting that there is enough money remaining to cover any upcoming expenses until the fall donation campaign is launched in early September.
Looking forward, the Board will participate in the following events and ask for member participation:
• May 10 – Booth at the Moraga Community Faire
• Sept. 27 – Booth at the Pear Festival
• October 2 – Candidates Night
The Board adjourned until its next meeting in July when planning for Candidates Night on October 2 will begin.