Late summer through early fall is the Season of the Harvest, even in Moraga. The pears have been harvested, and the many grape vines throughout our town continue to be harvested for their deep purple fruit. And a few of the projects that have been worked on all through the year are nearing their harvest. One project mentioned below needs your input now to bring them to full ripeness!
Pear and Wine Festival – Saturday, September 26, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Commons - Highlights:
• Pear Recipe Contest
• Grape Stomping and wine tasting
• Lots of live music through the day
• Community booths
Walk/Bike Moraga Project
The goal of the Walk | Bike Plan is to make walking and biking in Moraga safer and easier. What do you have to say about:
• the needs and concerns of pedestrians and cyclists?
• the obstacles and challenges to walking and biking? and
• your ideas and suggestions for improving conditions?
Here are upcoming dates with ways this project is gathering input:
• Public Workshop – Tuesday, September 29, 7 – 9:30 p.m. at the Hacienda in the LaSala building
• Group Bike Ride – Saturday, October 3 at the Moraga Library; 10:00 a.m. for discussion; 10:30 bike ride begins
• Town Council Meeting – Wednesday, October 14 @ 7 p.m. - residents will have a chance to address the Town Council directly on issues concerning walking and biking in Moraga.
• In addition – you can give your input via a “community survey” and a “comments map” which can easily be accessed on the Project website: http://www.moraga.ca.us/WalkBikeMoraga
So enjoy these autumn days in Moraga and bring your voice to matters you care about!