Re-election of 3 board members to serve another 3 years:
Election of officers for 2013-2014:
President – Tom Marnane
Vice-President – Janet Forman
Secretary – Tory Courtney
Treasurer – Larry Beans
- The Treasurer reported on the expenses of the past year, the result of the donation solicitation in Sept.-Oct, 2012, and the current balance, which needs to cover all expenses until Oct. 2014.
- The Board voted to make a donation of $200 to the Holy Trinity Church as an expression of our thanks for their generosity and community spirit in giving us this facility for our 2 annual meetings and our Candidates Night on Oct. 4.
- A committee was formed to consider developing a brochure, a business card, and/or a bookmark that could extend MCN's reach to new Moraga residents, and visitors to the MCN booth at town festivals.
- The Board agreed to continue having a booth at both the Community Faire and the Pear Festival as successful ways to introduce MCN and The Link to new people.
- Edy Schwartz reported on the development of a new committee, called Lamorinda Presents. The Board agreed that it would be worthwhile for the MCN Link to occasionally announce events in Lafayette and Orinda that do not occur in Moraga and that are not in conflict with significant Moraga events. The spirit behind this action is an acknowledgement of the greater community beyond our borders, and the mutual benefit of greater cooperation and communication.
- Ellen Beans, Exec. Director and editor of the MCN Link, listed some of the highlights of 2012:
By-laws approved, logo adopted, and held first annual meeting
Candidates Night had 240 people attend
Created a display in the Moraga Library showcase featuring MCN
Got about 80 new subscribers to the MCN Link through outreach at 2 town festivals