335 RHEEM BOULEVARD
For the first time in Moraga’s nearly 42-year history, Moraga will have its very own Town Council Chambers and Community Meeting Room! This former firehouse/storage unit, which is just two doors down from our Town Offices, has been quietly and thoughtfully transformed over the past two years. Besides having a seating capacity for 40 – 70 people, this room has the state of the art in communication technology:
- There are 3 projection screens able to receive data from an overhead projector.
- The separate staff desk has a document camera allowing the audience to see the pages, graphs, and drawings that are brought to the meeting.
- The Council meetings can be live-streamed to your computer.
- And for those who need hearing assistance, there are several ways to connect to the amplification system.
- More parking will be available soon via re-striping a portion of Rheem Boulevard.
The Council Chambers/Community Meeting Room will be used not only by the Town Council, but also by the Planning Commission, Design Review Board and other Town Boards and Committees. Closed Sessions of the Council will have a separate room on the site.
The last Council meeting in the JM Auditorium was held on October 14, 2015 having held Council meetings there for nearly 40 years. Rent paid to the school district was $6,308.89 in 2013, $4,394.13 in 2014 and $5,039.76 (year to date) for 2015. This does not include staff time for set-up and takedown. Over time, some cost savings will be realized by using Town-owned meeting space.
For information about the background of securing and developing this property, please click here.