WHAT DOES THIS PROJECT INCLUDE?
- Comprehensive review of existing policies and regulations
- Hiring a consultant team, headed by PlaceWorks
- Formation of a Town Steering Committee
- Public workshops to gather input from a wide spectrum of Moraga residents
- Creation of an Open Town Hall where everyone is invited to participate in an on-line forum – the 21st Century version of a “community discussion”.
Contribute YOUR thoughts and questions about Hillside and Ridgeline regulations by sending in your email address to the website above. Here is the question that is currently seeking everyone’s in-put. Use the link above to contribute your thoughts.
The Planning Department is working with many different developers and residents on a total of 7 major projects in different parts of Town. Here is a list of a few of them. To see the full list, see the town website’s page, “Major Projects” where you can see status of each, number of units, locations, etc.
CURRENT MAJOR DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
- Camino Ricardo subdivision by the SummerHill Homes developer – to include 26 single family homes and a 2.5 acre passive public park
- Hetfield Estates – a development of 7 homes off of Sanders Drive
- Via Moraga – developed by Signature Projects, which has proposed 18 units on the former Bowling Alley site.
Key issues to be addressed:
- Traffic flow
- Safety for all users: auto, bicycles, pedestrians and transit
- Connections to neighborhoods, schools and shopping areas
- Its design and character as a key gateway to and through Moraga