November 2017 Highlights
(For the full calendar of events and event descriptions, please click on “CommunityCalendar”, above, and “Read the Latest in the MCN Link”, above left)
November in Moraga is a time for Thanksgiving, and this year for giving thanks for completing two yearlong construction projects! There can be no doubt that the two most important dates during November, excepting Thanksgiving Day of course, has to be the opening of Rheem Blvd. and the Canyon Bridge
|Canyon Bridge Repair
The prefabricated temporary bridge will be delivered the week of November 6 and assembled like an erector set over the course of a week and then installed by pushing the assembled bridge from one side of the creek across to the other side. The final roadway approaches will then be constructed and the traffic controls installed with
opening date still anticipated in late November.
Rheem Boulevard Sinkhole is Closed! Let’s Celebrate!
• Ground Filling Ceremony on Thursday, November 16th. 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM
• Rain or shine community event
• Meet at Rheem Boulevard/Center Street.
• Public parking will be available behind the Rheem Theatre.
• Speakers for this event include our Mayor, Councilmembers, and other elected officials
• Activities for all including a mini-sinkhole photo opportunity, informational booths, project timeline displays, giveaways, and more!
• Please bring your donations for the North Bay fire victims and for Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano to the Chamber of Commerce booth.
|Hospice Tree Lighting
• Sunday, November 12
• Moraga Country Club – park in the first parking lot off of
Each year, citizens of Moraga gather at the Country Club for the lighting of the Hospice Tree.in memory of those who have gone on before and to give us hope. Please join others there as the lights of hope are turned on.
From Bike Recycle to Gift
For the 20th year, Moraga residents, Bobbie and Tom Preston, will be hosting the Cycle Recycle program of collecting repairable bikes to be refurbished and given to charitable groups to distribute at Christmas. To date over 3150 bikes have been collected.
• Recipient organizations include Fire Victims in the North Bay as well as four other organizations.
• New and/or used bikes and trikes—in working order or repairable - or useable bike parts
• No skateboards or plastic bikes please
• Collection site: the side driveway of the Preston’s home at 1307 Larch Avenue in Moraga,
• Collection period - throughout the month of November only
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!